Today, I noticed that the CD-changer of our BMW 5-series E61 hangs and it did not release the CD magazine. What made it worth is that it tried to release it every couple of minutes which started to hurt the car’s battery.
I bing’d and luckily found this post (in German) that describes how to fix it yourself.
Basically you have to follow these steps in order to solve this problem:
- open the little covers on the CD-changer on the left and right hand side
- use an allen key to remove the two screws
- softly pull the CD-changer out of the frame
- softly remove the cable plug
- remove the upper access cover (1 screw and some clips)
- carefully solve the blockade with a suitable tool
- put the upper access cover back in place
- assemble the CD-changer back in the car’s frame
done! took maybe 15 minutes or less 😉
P.S.: maybe I’ll add some pictures later